Invisalign has grown in popularity in the past years. More and more people have started to prefer Invisalign as teeth realigning treatment over traditional metal braces.
A significant reason is that Invisalign is virtually invisible, and people feel more confident wearing these clear aligners. But not everyone can be suitable for this treatment.
But you might be wondering how Invisalign works and whether or not they’re right for you.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the oldest and one of the best brands of clear aligners in which a computer-generated aligner or mould is used to correct and realign teeth. The thin aligners are made from SmartTrack, which is a flexible thermoplastic.
Although Invisalign is not entirely invisible, it’s a less conspicuous alternative to metal braces. These clear aligners fit tightly over the teeth and produce the same results as traditional braces. However, Invisalign aligners can’t correct all types of teeth misalignment issues.
Invisalign is perfect for mild and moderate misalignments and spacing and crowding issues. The following is the list of dental issues Invisalign can correct:
- Open bite
- Crowded teeth
- Deep bite
- Gapped teeth
How does Invisalign Align the Teeth?
In the Invisalign treatment, your dentist first takes impressions of your teeth and develops clear aligners using computer-generated images. The current position of your teeth and the desired final positions are taken in Invisalign technology to devise a treatment plan that will gradually align your teeth.
Your clear aligners are replaced with a new set every few weeks until the desired result is achieved. Teeth are aligned by applying carefully controlled force in such a way that only specific teeth move with each set of aligners.
On the other hand, fixed wires are used in traditional metal braces to pull your teeth into the desired position. It makes Invisalign a less painful and more controlled way of aligning teeth.
Benefits of Invisalign
When compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign has the following benefits:
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made with a very smooth thermoplastic, making Invisalign more comfortable to wear. There won’t be any metal rubbing on the inside of your cheeks.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable. So, you have the choice of taking them off whenever you want.
- Better Oral Hygiene: Metal braces make it difficult to take care of your oral hygiene. But that’s not the case with Invisalign. You can take off the aligners when brushing your teeth or flossing.
- Almost Invisible: Arguably, the best thing about Invisalign is that it is virtually invisible and thinner than even mouthguards.
- No Food Restrictions: Unlike metal braces, there are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You can chew gums, eat apples, or do anything you want.
Invisalign Treatment in Engadine, NSW
If you want the most proper Invisalign treatment in Engadine, NSW, Australia, All About Dental has the right experts. We offer a variety of quality dental treatments, including Invisalign.
If you want this treatment or want to know if it’s suitable for you, you can contact our experienced dentists in Engadine anytime. Give All About Dental a call & book your appointment today.